Sunday, October 3, 2010

Broken Bone(s)

Well, we had a busy Saturday. We spent 10 hours at the emergency room. Juliana fell from her brother's bed and broke both bones in her forearm. She was a real trooper through the whole ordeal. After I calmed Nick down ; ) ... we headed to the children's ER in downtown Charlotte. They took great care of her there, sedated her and reset her arm. She rested all day today and we are hoping to have her back at school on Tuesday. I am amazed at how resilient children are. She wanted to color today so we tried with her left hand (she broke her right arm and is right handed). She did great - even stayed in the lines.

I'll post some photos soon of Juliana and her new pink cast. In the meantime, Nick is trying to figure out how he can bubblewrap our entire house. ; )